Saturday 27 December 2014

A very Kiwi Christmas

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
I woke up Boxing Day with (fuzzy head) aching feet from dancing, sore stomach from laughing, and a croaky voice due to epic Sing Star battles with my sister.
 
Our Christmas Day weather was great, the sun shone and it was warm.  The kids were well behaved, even though breakfast for them was mostly made up of the sweet contents of their Christmas Stockings.
 
Santa came through with my very much wished for Pink Flamingos............which I may have purchased/wrapped myself.  Sometimes you just need to take matter into your own hands.
 
We ate roast lamb and Christmas Ham which Mr H glazed and cooked on the BBQ.  Raw fish in coconut cream, lime and coriander was served along with roast vegetables and huge bowls of salad.
 
We sat in the garden under our big shady tree, I set a table and had three huge jars of hydrangeas from my neighbours garden as our centrepiece  Arms chair's in the shade were a favourite place to relax and sip ice cold beers.
 
We played tag, bulrush and touch rugby.  I hired a Sing/Dance Star console which was so much fun.  Apparently my sister and I hogged it most of the evening..........but I don't think that was true.
 
We have been away the last two years so to have Christmas this year at home was wonderful, it felt relaxed and easy going.  I'm so glad we have stayed home this year.  And now it is time to sink into full holiday mode.  No more gift wrapping ( I did my usual last minute power wrapping Christmas Eve), no more mad dashes to the Supermarket along with the rest of the town to do the Christmas shopping.  It feels like everything is done and dusted for the year.  Relaxxxxxxxxx.
 
Merry Christmas.
 
xo
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh how I would love Christmas dinner in the garden! Love your flamingos. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - own shopping - me too :). Looks like the perfect relaxing Christmas Day. Identical breakfasts here and if anything has coriander in it, I'll eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Hydrangeas. Looks and sounds like a fabulous day was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful is your table Elaina!!! Those hydrangeas are just STUNNING!! And I'm glad that you were able to relax at home with your family!!! A very Merry Christmas to you and yours pal and a very Happy New Year! Love Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I found your blog via 'My Garden Diaries' and have enjoyed flicking through it. You sound as if you had a lovely Christmas - I envy you your hot weather and just love those pink flamingos! Best wishes for a wonderful 2015. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a wonderful and lovely Christmas! Hope you guys had a wonderful time and festive season :) Those hydrangeas... so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...