Monday 6 January 2014

This year




Hello!

We arrived back Sunday evening from our travels.  Time spent in the Far North with my Dad for Christmas and New Year.  We had a wonderful time, but as much fun as it is to be away we are all really happy to be home.

The kids missed their pets and bedrooms, as soon as I opened the door they raced in to roll around on their beds and play with missed belongings.

I walked around the garden plucking weeds and watering, while trying to ignore Mr H's cries to me to help unpack the ute.

Today I spent most of the day in the garden, it's gone a bit wild in the last two weeks.  A quick swim in the school pool was needed in the afternoon to cool down along with some unpacking and the usual amounts of post holiday washing.

I'm excited about 2014, a new year always feels like a fresh start.  We have some big milestones coming up.  Bell starts college and Tom primary school at the end of this month.  And in March George will turn three and be able to start Kindergarten.  Where does the time go?

I joined in with Jodi yesterday for another year of portraits - couldn't resist.  This time I am photographing my three kids altogether.  Hoping to see this project through to the end again.  You can see 1/52 for 2014 here.

I will share some holiday pics with you as well as the amazing gifts from the Advent swap.  I'm looking forward to catching up on some blog reading and planning a birthday party for someone special who turns five next month.

I haven't written down any New Years Resolutions for this year so far.  For now I'm just going to enjoy the final three weeks of the school holidays.  Will save the list making for another time.

 
Here's to 2014!
 
Have you made any New Years Resolutions?
 
What are you looking forward to in 2014?



6 comments:

  1. I do enjoy seeing the portraits
    Our holiday is coming up .. .. ..
    And well the garden this summer ggggrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could just step into this picture and get warm! Glad you had a good time with your family, happy 2014! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cold and wet and dark and horrid here today, so I wish that I could step into that warm and sunny picture with you! I would come and do the weeding in return for a bit of sunshine right now!! Lovely to have you back. Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've had a lovely lovely time - here's to a great 2014 to you all! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you all got away!!! And that you are happy to be back with fresh eyes for the new year! I wish you all the very best friend in this year of growth and transitions! Much love sweet friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy 2014 to you and your fab crew....much love Al x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...